In fact this is the fifth concert, I missed the fourth one for Squonk -- sorry! And it's the last one for this season. Which is a pity.
However, this concert took place at August 16, 2026, with organist
Nicholas Will.
This concert, to honour this wonderful Rudolf von Beckerath organ, went under the headline "B for Beckerath", and so all composers whose works we heard today started with B: Nikolaus Bruhns (1665-1691), Adriano Banchieri (1568-1634), Dietrich Buxtehude (1637-1707), Léon Boëllmann (1862-1897), Johannes Brahms (1833-1897), Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750) and Dudley Buck (1839-1901).
My special discovery this time was Léon Boëllmann's Suite Gothic, Op. 25 in four movements. Very impressing.
And of course Brahms -- I really love his music, but I never knew he composed works for organ. It's indeed only a small number of pieces, but I will check them out.
As always, this concert was recorded for WQED-FM.
No comments:
Post a Comment